French Directorate-General for Civil Protection and Crisis Management accreditation
Cedre is accredited under the French Internal Security Code (article L. 725-1, L. 725-3 and R. 725-1 to R. 725-11). Accreditation from the French Directorate-General for Civil Protection and Crisis Management by the interministerial order of 22 January 2019 which officially recognises Cedre's capacity to work alongside government services in pollution response operations in French waters under the French emergency organisation ORSEC.
Accreditation under the French Code of the Environment
Cedre is also accredited in accordance with article L. 211-5-1 of the French Code of the Environment by the Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition to conduct missions of general interest providing expertise and support for the authorities including:
- spill risk analysis, technical support for crisis management, response techniques and a permanent 24-hour emergency duty service to provide operational advice to the authorities concerned in the event of an incident
- the spontaneous transfer of all available relevant data to the Environment Ministry, the maritime authorities, as well as the regional health agencies concerned, in the event of a spill
- the provision of written, photographic and electronic information on all aspects of response to accidental water pollution
- advice on pollutants, their evolution, their fate, the risks they represent, applicable response methods and techniques, suitable equipment and products, operational data management
- the realisation of varied studies and experiments on pollutant behaviour and the assessment of response products and techniques
- the organisation of training courses by a team of professional trainers on the management of and response to oil or chemical spills at sea, in sea ports, on the shoreline, in lakes and in watercourses.
This accreditation gave rise to the ministerial order issued on 9 December 2019.
Authorisation to deliver national training courses
According to the Prime Minister’s instruction dated 4th March 2002 relating to pollution response in the marine environment (national POLMAR documentation), Cedre is tasked with continuing its training efforts in pollution response.