As a French State-approved association with a public service mission, Cedre is governed by executive bodies comprising representatives of State administrations, local authorities, public research establishments and private stakeholders.
Board of Governors
Cedre is led by a Board of Governors composed of three groups:
- members representing the State (appointed),
- members representing public organisations (appointed),
- qualified members (elected).
This board is chaired by François Cuillandre, Mayor of Brest and President of Brest Métropole.
Cedre's scientific and technical priorities are determined by a Strategy Committee. This body comprises
- members of the Board of Governors,
- public and private structures involved in the issue of accidental water pollution.
The Strategy Committee is chaired by Clement Lavigne, Director of Crisis Management and Environmental & Societal Expertise at TotalEnergies.
Almost 40% of Cedre's funding is provided by a State subsidy managed by the French Ministry of Ecology. This grant is earmarked to cover our activities within the scope of our public service mission. The remaining 60% comes from agreements and contracts with:
- French public organisations: State, administrations, local authorities, public establishments,
- the European Union,
- French and foreign private businesses: industrial companies and professional bodies.