As a French State-approved association with a public service mission, Cedre has is governed by executive bodies comprising representatives of State administrations, local authorities, public research establishments and private stakeholders.
Board of Governors
Cedre is led by a Board of Governors composed of three groups:
- ex officio members representing the State,
- ex officio members representing public or professional organisations,
- elected members.
This board is chaired by François Cuillandre, President of Brest Métropole.
Cedre's scientific and technical priorities are determined by a Strategy Committee. This body comprises
- members of the Board of Governors,
- public and private structures involved in the issue of accidental water pollution.
The Strategy Committee is chaired by Patricia Mani, Group VP Crisis Management and Environmental & Societal Expertise at Total SA.
Almost 40% of Cedre's funding is provided by a State subsidy managed by the French Ministry of Ecology. This grant is earmarked to cover our activities within the scope of our public service mission. The remaining 60% comes from agreements and contracts with:
- French public organisations: State, administrations, local authorities, public establishments,
- the European Union,
- French and foreign private businesses: industrial companies and professional bodies.