You are at:
Cedre does not supersede response managers, but rather assists them by providing decision support.
- Provision of information on the pollutant: identification, material safety data sheets, characteristics, behaviour modelling, risks for humans and the environment
- Advice on the response strategies, techniques and equipment to be implemented
- Mobilisation of specialised experimental and analytical tools to determine the most efficient response equipment and products as well as the areas within which certain activities should be banned (fishing, tourism, etc.)
- Drafting of reports, mapping the affected areas and managing information archiving
Support in the field
Upon written request from the authorities, we can send one or more agents on site to assist the operational command structure in:
- conducting surveys
- contributing to incident management meetings
- recommending actions to be taken
- defining the resources required
- organising clean-up sites
- training personnel
- monitoring clean-up operations
- post-spill monitoring.