€423K (European Commission)
European Commission, (European Civil Protection),
Like for the POSOW I project completed in 2013, the POSOW II project (Preparedness for Oil polluted Shoreline cleanup and Oiled Wildlife interventions) focuses on developing training kits in different languages and organising train the trainer courses on marine spill response tailored to the Mediterranean context.
POSOW II focuses on 2 main themes: the mobilisation of fishermen for spill response and the issue of waste management. The first year of this project focused on:
- the preparation of training materials (2 manuals, PowerPoint presentations and a series of posters)
- the translation of materials produced as part of POSOW I and POSOW II into Arabic and Turkish.
The second year is devoted to:
- the organisation of 2 theory and practical train the trainer courses at Cedre
- the organisation of national training courses in the 7 South Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey
- the updating of the database of people trained through the projects POSOW I and II.
Cedre is the project leader and is in charge of the technical content of the waste management manual, formatting all the materials produced as well as organising and hosting the train the trainer courses.
Project website: www.posow.org/
Project POSOW I
Cedre. 2017. POSOW II development of train-the-trainer materials and courses on oil spill response in the Mediterranean. Cedre Information Bulletin, n° 35, pp. 12-13