- NOAA (National Ocenographic data center): Archived Deeepwater Horizon Data.
- Gulf of Mexico restoration: Information from BP on restoration.
- Restore The Gulf: US Government website on rehabilitation work.
- Chemical emergencies - Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention portal.
- NOAA Fisheries Service: Fisheries closure boundaries.
- NOAA Gulf Spill Restoration: Information on impact assessment and restoration measures.
- US Department of the Interior (DOI): Response and restoration.
- Emergency Louisiana.gov: Government website for the state of Louisiana.
- Clean Caribbean & Americas (CCA): Website of 35 oil companies operating in the Caribbean.
- Tracking the Oil Spill in the Gulf: New York Times website
- Obama fears unprecedented disaster: msnbc website.
- BP oil spill: Guardian website.
- Louisiana - First pictures of the oil spill: Télégramme website (in French).
- Diving in oily water: abc News website.
- Google Earth: Follow up the evolution of oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Earth Scan Lab: Louisiana State University website.
- Earth Laboratory: Nasa website.
- United States Environment Protection Agency (EPA): Air, water, sediment and dispersant monitoring data.
- Air Now: Air Data from the Gulf Coastline.
- Mussel Watch Program: Continuous contaminant monitoring program in US coastal waters.
- BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Budget: What Happened to the Oil?: Estimation and fate of the quantity of oil spilt.
Effects on human health
- Crude Oil Spills and Human Health: Disaster Information Management Research Center website.
- BP Oil Spill settlement: Claims and compensation.
- Information on EPA’s enforcement response to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, settlements with several of the defendants, including the record-setting settlement with BP.
- Encyclopedia of Earth - Deepwater Horizon oil spill: Review on the Deepwater Horizon plateform incident.
- Oil Rig Disasters: Site covering the main offshore oil rig disasters.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica: Deepwater Horizon.