Once the project leaders are familiar with the local context and have developed a questionnaire to be used as a basis for the interviews and visits to be conducted, an initial on-site assignment is organised.
Two agents from Cedre will visit the site to:
- complete the collection of all relevant documents
- visit the offshore and on-shore facilities included within the scope of the plan in the presence of operation managers
- define the spill scenarios to be considered
- visit specialised spill response equipment stockpiles
- meet the key people involved the response to an incident, identified by the client: employees, contractors, oil operators under a mutual assistance agreement, etc.
- discuss the response strategies in force or worth considering in the local context.
This assignment results in a report presenting:
- the actual schedule of the on-site assignment and the people met
- collected and missing documents
- the spill scenarios to be covered in the contingency plan
- the available equipment, etc.
This report is then approved by the client, in particular as concerns the scenarios.