The operational room is designed to manage activation of the on duty team. It gathers:
- A large collection of documents (books, monographs, guidelines, handbooks) on international regulations, oil and HNS (nature, fate and behaviour, toxicity), public and private contingency plans, pilot books, response techniques, past incidents…
- Access to various databases on oil and chemicals and to computerized data exchange systems
- A large collection of maritime charts and terrestrial maps, in printed or digital format
- Efficient transmission equipment (satellite telephone) and a powerful computer network
- Various drift forecast and behaviour models (OILMAP, CHEMMAP, ALOHA…), access to MOTHY (French Météo-France forecasting system), Geographic Information Systems (ARGEPOL, ARCGIS) and webmapping tools.
This room also features display equipment: boards, television, video projector.
The adjoining meeting room also has a television, a video projector and a telephone and computer network.