Cedre produced this learning guide in order to help you to understand more about understanding chemical pollution at sea.
You'll find all the information you need to understand all about:
- chemicals: chemistry and ndustry, production, classification, examples of chemicals, labelling, safty data sheets ;
- shipping: concept of HNS, shipping routes, port organization, ship types, substances transported, regulations ;
- sources of pollution: chronic pollution, accidental pollution, substances spilt, danger of reactivity, bahaviour ;
- prevention and preparedness: organizational framework, contingency planning, operator training, protective equipment, ship inspection ;
- spill response: general methodology, situation assessment, decision-making, emergency measures, bulk cargoes onboard, bulk cargoes released, response to containers and packages, waste management ;
- impact: health impact, environmental impact, economic impact.
A quizz to test your knowledge
Two posters, avalaible at firstname.lastname@example.org, free of charge, and for download: