The learning guide
Cedre produced this learning guide in order to help you to understand more about oil spills.
You'll find all the information needed to understand:
- oil: what is it, transporting oil, oil in our everyday lives
- water pollution: black tides, natural discharge
- sources: release on land, oil tanker accidents, operational discharge, surveillance and deterrence, terminals, worksites, platforms
- impact: first effects, evolution of oil, pollution at sea, pollution of the shoreline, impact on flora and fauna, factors affecting impact, economic impact
- response: organisational framework, carrying out response, response at sea, response on land, waste disposal
- rehabilitation: public concerns, fate of oil, regaining a natural balance, resuming activities, future prospects.
Four posters, available free of charge at email@example.com or for download:
Our website devoted to oil spills provides additional information, videos, animations and a quiz
The quiz for users to test their knowledge