The 2019 Cedre Information Day will address public policies on reducing waste in the aquatic environment (notably under the Marine Strategy Framework Directive and the OSPAR Convention Marine Litter Regional Plan) and will touch upon the circular economy.
It will also give rise to examples of induced actions:
- environmental waste monitoring networks;
- French and European research projects to improve knowledge about waste (at sea and in rivers) and its effects;
- collection and awareness-raising by associations;
- initiatives involving professionals from the fisheries sector and from industry;
- as well as concrete cases of new products.