Aware of the potential ecological impact of one of the world’s largest maritime gatherings, the association Brest Événements Nautiques, organisers of Brest’s International Maritime Festival, continues, year after year, to strive to reduce the event’s environmental footprint. Brest 2020 and the Centre of Documentation, Research and Experimentation on Accidental Water Pollution (Cedre) are working together to raise public awareness of the issue of marine litter.
Shared objectives. This partnership aims to:
- obtain data input for Cedre’s current research (recordings before and after Brest 2020),
- provide the festival organisers with Cedre’s expertise,
- gather all stakeholders who contribute to making Brest 2020 an eco-responsible festival,
- organise awareness-raising actions among a broad public (over 700,000 people expected),
- share good practices through the European project CleanAtlantic with Brest 2020’s partners and stakeholders.
Our press area.